Agbarha-Otor, Delta State, Nigeria
Introduction by Bruce Onobrakpeya
Executive Producer: Bruce Onobrakpeya
The Harmattan Workshop, a forum where artists have been meeting since 1998 to learn skills, experiment, and exchange ideas for growth particularly in the visual arts was initiated by Dr. Bruce Onobrakpeya in Nigeria. The inspiration for its creation came from workshops he attended at Ibadan, Oshogbo and Ile-Ife directed by Ulli Beier in the 60s and early 70s, and the Haystack Mountain School of Arts and Crafts, Deer Isle, Maine, USA in 1975 under the directorship of Frank Merrit.
Over the years the Harmattan Workshop has grown to involve local and international participants creating a network for artistic and cultural development.
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (32)
- Spirit of New Oshogbo Art: Artist Rahmon Olugunna
- HARMATTAN GALLERY WELCOMES N. ODEBIYI
- 2010 HARMATTAN ART WORKSHOP
- DOCUMENTARY ON NIGERIAN ART
- FILM ON NIGERIAN ART
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN ART
- NIGERIAN ART RIVALS THE VERY BEST IN THE WORLD
- Okorodus Exhibits Immigraliens at the Harmattan G...
- Immigraliens:Exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture...
- Ibiebe Alphabets and Ideograms
- Recent works by Bruce Onobrakpeya
- ▼ September (12)